Land of Enchantment
Santa Fe and New Mexico
An eclectic set of links to places and things of interest. Scroll down for more.
One of our major interests and favorite places is New Mexico, its capital
Santa Fe, and the Southwest. We have a few links below to Santa Fe and New Mexico.
We will add more from time to time.
We originally got interested in the Southwest by taking a guided tour of Anasazi
ruins in the four corners region led by staff from the Crow
Canyon Archeological Center in Cortez, CO. Since then both southwestern
archeology and archeoastronomy have become major interests. Here are a few
links to get started.
- Photographs of Archeological Sites
- This is a set photographs
- Southwest Web Ring
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- The Solstice Project
- Studies the rich astronomical heritage of the ancient Chaco culture in the American Southwest
- The Cedar Mesa Project
- Cedar Mesa is a large mesa in the four corners region of southern Utah
just north of the San Juan River and Monument Valley with a large
group of Anasazi ruins. One of its major features is Grand Gultch,
a large canyon with many untouched sites. This site has an extensive
list of links to the area and its features.
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- Perhaps the most impressive of all Anasazi sites,
Chaco Canyon was the home of the culture's greatest flourescence which ended
for reasons we still do not fully understand about 1150 A.D.
- World Heritage Sites in US
- Includes both Chaco Canyon and the Taos Pueblo.